Chemlawn BUSTED

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gene $immons, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Tonight on local TV station KFOR (NBC), there was a report of a unhappy homeowner. His home security camera shows the chemlawn van pull up in front of the house, the driver gets out, while on his cell phone. The driver walks around the yard for a couple of minutes before putting a Chemlawn sign in the yard, and a bill on the door. Then drives off without doing anything at all.

LOL

Chemlawn responded by firing the guy immediatelly, and calling it an isolated incident.

2. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I think they isolated it about a million times.

Chris

3. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

Hell at least the guy walked around the yard !!!

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Back in 1985 a large lawn care co. here in massachusetts was the # 1 complaint at the A. G. office. They would pull in ,throw a handfull of straight on the driveway, post an invoice and take off! They were history by spring 1986.

5. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta Love ChemLawn. Somehow they sign up more customers than they piss off... dunno how though..

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

In their defense that could have been anybody's employee. Good help is hard to find. I am running an ad in the next few weeks and I'm almost affraid to.
    I undestand it was a Chemlawn employee but my point is that its getting harder and harder to find decent people.:hammerhead: I'm sure they don't make it a point to do this, I sub out all my fert. to them and for 2 years I have had nothing but good luck with them.

7. salandscape

salandscape LawnSite Member

ChemLawn taking the organic apporoach! It's about time!

8. scagster

scagster LawnSite Member
    from n.ohio

nobagger, arent you getting tired of mowing 7 inch grass on a weekly basis, i used to do all the big greens mowing in this area , had to give it up because they continued to bury me with nitrogen even after i would talk to the bigshots and they would promise to cut it back, just couldnt make any profit. got my own pest lisc. and eveything has been great

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

oh well it happens

10. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey around here we have had a big problem with some large company (Ya know who) burning up peoples lawns. I know this is largely the fault of the customer(water). However, it was a little funny(not) to see them still throwing the stuff down in the middle of the summer in a drought, and when the yard is already burned up as it is. I was talking to one of my customers who thought that I was leaving lines in his lawn with my mowers, and he thought that I was killing his lawn by cutting it to short. I showed him that my deck was fixed at 3.5", so there was no way that it was my mowers. Also, I showed him that the wheel size was the size of one of the other companies handy dandy spreader. In addition, I had not mowed the property in some time, because the grass was not growing. He was like "Wow! your right. I am not going with them next year. I only went with them, because it was free (apart of a new construction deal). It is about time someone puts a stop to this nonsense.:hammerhead: