Chemlawn on Commercial Accts.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Feb 8, 2006.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I see people bashing Chemlawn on here quite often, I've never used them but will this coming year on a few commercial property treatments. I've checked around to a few local places because of Chemlawn's bad name on here but no one can touch their prices, Are they really that bad, or are people just upset because they are turning the market into a Monopoly?

2. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

No their really that bad. I've taken so many of their customers because they're that bad. I would not trust them on any of my properties in the threat of losing them. Plus there no way I'm putting my company's name next to theirs. In my area that would be suicide.

3. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I just got a chemlawn account this weekend because the people were disapointed in their service. I asked why, and the response was they didn't get rid of the weeds along the sides of the driveway. They asked the tech about the weeds and they told my customer we will get to it next time. After 2 years they dropped them and called me. Thanks you chemlawn.

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Their prices are that low because it doesn't cost much to do what they do. Throw your money at them and the machine rolls on. You get what you pay for. What you want is a good job done at a good price. Not a poor job done at a great price. You need to consider value.

5. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

I dont give ChemLawn anything.

But its funny. I had a call yesterday from them. I got to my phone right as the machine was about halfway through. I could hear the guy laughing when I picked up saying how he called a LCO.

He asked me where I get my product from and I told him Lesco. He asked me if I would ever consider buying from them????? I didnt know they sold. He said he would call me back today but I never heard from him.

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

go 4 it invite them into your nice acc and watch them get u kicked out and somehow they will still be serviceing the place

7. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

dont pay much dont get much

8. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

The sorrow of poor services remain long after the joy of low price has been forgotten.

9. amar

amar LawnSite Member

:gunsfirin Ive subed to Chemlawn. They are a headache! They send you a individual bill for every customer. Sometimes they bill your customer. You give them a credit card for payment in September and see the charges in January. I canceled them on one account the home owner signed up with them and they still did a app. for me and the customer six days apart. LOL Burned the lawn big time. They have some lawn's that look good. The seven app. screw. All my accounts where on four apps. a season they would do some three weeks apart. How can they be the largest green industry co. I don't have a fert license so its tough to compete with lawn co's that provide that service so I used Chemlawn because they are the cheapest. On a few accounts they laughed me out the door when I told them I used Chemlawn.

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We used them for some commericial accounts and the experience was not good. We had one situation where they couldn't get rye grass to green up in the winter and after two tries we put dry nitrate on and things were fine. On one residential account they could not get weeds out and we finally got them out with one treatment of Home Depot weed control product. And the billing was a nightmare for all the accounts we had, and sometimes they billed us and the customer. Then they bid against us on the mowing on one hotel......won't use them maybe Scotts but we use private guy.