1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chemlawn/TruGreen Fert. Program

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bugman, Jun 13, 2006.

1. bugman

bugman LawnSite Member

Not that Chemlawn/TruGreen should be the model fertilizer program...however, does anyone have any idea what they may use in their yearly program? I believe they use Lesco products.
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

chemlawn uses the same products you and I use but they mainly buy direct from the manufacturer,,,,,HUGE savings. I mean there is only about 4 real products for us to use. This is why I laugh when spray techs act like they are so much more superior/educated compared to the rest of the green industry.

also they do not spray bifenthrin over the whole lawn, when they see a spot that may have bugs they pull a secondary trigger and a shot of bug killer comes out for that area. they feel in doing it that way it doesnt create a resistance to the chemicals.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

And they also use junk analysis' for fertilizer. It is a all top show and no go for the overalll health of the turf. This is why a tru-brown lawn just grows thinner and thinner as the years go by.
  4. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

alot of 46-0-0 granulr and liquid.. and like runner statted.. thin and pail in color (then they come back out and hit it w/ more N)
  5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

or he could use bat poop?
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

In Iowa, tru-bleed relies on "urea" for the bulk of their "nutrient program". Their early spring treatment consists of '1/2 pound of UREA' per 1000 suare feet -- they call it their "spring greenup". (our land grant university says: "Then what's the late fall treatment for???"). It' merely tru-ghost's method of selling yet another app. (they're up to 8 now).
  7. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

1. 46-0-0 with prodiamine

2. 46-0-0 with triplett

3. 46-0-0 with triplett

4. and so on and so on, they may be using uflexx now in some of the hotter markets.
  8. philly4152

philly4152 LawnSite Member

I'm sorry to say I work for them here in indy, ya ya I run through peoples yards just so I can make ends meat. Hopefully not for long, though. Anyway this is what we put down.
    1. barricade 19-3-5
    2. liquid 46-0-0, tripplett
    3. granular 25-3-8, tripplett
    4. granular 25-3-8, or slow release and tripower
    5.depending on the weather either the same as 4. or 6.
    6.liquid 46-0-0 and tripplett
    7. winterizer 46-0-0 granular

Oh by the way, I don't know about florida but up here we do put the insecticide over the whole lawn, usually talstar.
  9. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

and how many blanket apps of weed control is that vs. label maximums per year? that urea winterizer cracks me up. Ask your branch manager when, exactly, the corporate agronomists will set foot on a lawn in your area. I love these guys!
  10. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

What amount of N is slow release in that 25-3-8?