Chemlawn vs. Hullet

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by blackthumb, Jul 1, 2004.

1. blackthumb

blackthumb LawnSite Member

I'm wondering if anybody has had experience with either one of these companies.

Hullet seems prompt. but after talking to chemlawn and listening to what they do, they seem more thorough and definitely cheaper.

After these 2 treatments hullett is applying, I might switch to chemlawn.

of course, I don't really know about the chemicals and stuff. except that chemlawn said atrizine is not a good thing to use when it's as hot as it's been.. but that is what hullett is using on my lawn right now.

chemlawn applies fertilzers as well as some mix of insecticide and fungicide about every 6 weeks, hullett will be doing only the insecticide and fungice once a month at a higher price.

I'd like to hear what anybody has to say about it.

2. blackthumb

well, just dawned on me that hullet is local & u guys wouldn't know about them.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I know up around here, they burn lawns out, get their hooks into a person and the home owner has a heck of a time to get rid of the fert company. They like to prey on senior citizens. I don't like them.
  4. blackthumb

i'm guessing you're talking about chemlawn?
  5. blackthumb

oy! i read some of your archived threads on trugreen/chemlawn. {{shudders}}

Thinking about just DIY'ing it after a few months when the bug/fungus situation is under control in the fall. hmmm..
  6. blackthumb,

In my 11 years of lawn service, I have never met a happy chem lawn customer. Now I know that one exists, but the point I am making is that they are scarce.

In fact, I have many customers that used to have Chem-lawn and they all have bad stories about the experience. One customer canceled them over 5 years ago and they are still calling to try to get them back.

DIY is great, you don't even need to be "smarter then the average bear" to do a great DIY program.