1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazyscaper, Sep 23, 2003.

1. crazyscaper

crazyscaper LawnSite Member

how long should i wait b4 cutting afer chemlawn has come. the other day i cut liek a1/2hr after they cam at one of my customers homes. BTW she is dropping them and having me do the fertilizing.
  2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

if im already there i just do it.i have also been in the middle of cutting a lawn then the dumb*** chemlawn guy starts his app
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Don't even get me started on that. I almost got into a physical fight with a guy one time. I don't understand how that company stays in business.

4. sharpcutter

sharpcutter LawnSite Member

Had a guy with no ppe on at all start his app. We were standing within 15' of him. No warning, just started spraying. Oh yea, he did this while the wind was blowing our way. Almost blew a gasket. Needless to say, this one got reported.
  5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

early this summer i witnessed a chemlawn guy pour about 5-10lbs of fertilizer down the storm drain before putting the spreader back into the truck. Due to the time of year it was probably a weed/feed/insect - brutal on any ecosystem.

No i didnt report this one, b/c i couldnt find who i was supposed to report this too. The local police were no real help.

Is there a national chem reporting agency or anything?
  6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

If you go to the blue pages, or government listings you'll find a number to the EPA or the Department of Agriculture. Either one will be able to take a report or answer any questions you may have about pesticides.
  7. narly1_2000

narly1_2000 LawnSite Member

Hey, these chemlawn dudes have a job to do as well.Try to get the fertilizing too. Tell the customer its in his/ her best interest
  8. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

You should wait 24-48 hours after granular fertilizer is applied before mowing.