1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

chevy 1500???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by youngdude, Jan 9, 2004.

1. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Someone is selling there '97 Chevy 1500 5 speed manual 6 cylinder. It comes with a flatbed and the body is in perfect untill yesterday when someone put a small dent in it, also a broken headlight, and a small dent on the bumper. This truck has 137,000 miles, all highway miles. YEA or NEY???
  2. hardwork2

hardwork2 LawnSite Member

How much is the asking price? I bought 96 1500 with 79000 on the 305 v-8 auto one owner for 5900.00 and the bodies perfect.
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

All highway miles.....or so they say

V6 1500 with a flatbed???

I think I would run fast from this one.
  4. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

I know the guy who ran it the 136,000 miles. He got the flatbed thinking he would need it but never really used it for more than putting trashcans on it. The body and everything looks brand new, its not a re-paint. He asking about 3500.00 dollars and at 16 years old and trying to go big my budget isnt a lot.
  5. myoder

myoder LawnSite Member

Sounds like an ok deal... go for it
  6. YardHopper

YardHopper LawnSite Member

If it is your budget with no help from the folks then go for it! I have an 88 chevy 1500 with a 305 V8 AT, with over 200,000 mi on it. It runs just fine! I pull a 16ft trailer and it gets the job done. As a first vehicle I think it would be a good deal and will last you until you can purchase another. I am 18 and recieved my truck on my 16th birthday. Just do it!
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I have heard good things about Chev's big six and you can buy brand new goodwrench motors cheap, look in CHEVY HIPERFORMANCE magizine for Chevy dealers selling goodwrench motors I think thier under $1600.
  8. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

9. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

landscapingpoolguy, is that a rust whole on the rear bumper? Not trying to knock the truck, just curious why it rusted. Did this truck do salting?