Chevy 2500 Duramax owners??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by PLS-Tx, Apr 30, 2008.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We are looking at getting a 07 or 08 chevy 2500, just wondering if you have had any problems with yours.

Are you happy with your truck?

Thanks

2. tras

tras LawnSite Member

I do not have a ton of experience with the new LMM duramax's(newest engine code) but I have a 2006 LBZ duramax and love it. I would reccomend getting a 06-07(classic body style) LBZ over the new LMM.

3. Scenery Lawn Care

Scenery Lawn Care LawnSite Member

you wont be disapointed with the truck, i have an lb7 (first engine they came out with) and havent had any probs yet. there is a ton of info on the web, go to yahoo and type in duramax forums and a few will come up, alot of great info there

4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Have an 02 with 130000 miles. Injectors at 100200 under warranty. Other than that I love mine.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

have a classic 07. its been pretty good. its been in the shop three times, for door handle replacement, three engine recalls, and a rattle in passenger door. im guessing it was pretty well abused from the previous owner. and i already had to replace the speakers. other than that, not to bad. i only have to keep it for another year or so.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I have a 2008, lmm, newest engine code. These things are great and have had 0 problems. I have almost 8k on the truck and have been very happy with it. The power behind these things is insane. You'll be happy with yours

8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

I love my 02 GMC Duramax. I'm at over 120,000 now with no major problems. I think it's the best choice among the big 3. Another vote for you to head over to www.dieselplace.com

9. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine so much power i tow a 18ft trailer loaded its 6,500 the duramax handels it awesome if i were you id get a 06 or 07 classic body altho the new insides are verry nice.

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have a new 08 and love it. First diesel for me and pulling the skid, tractors, etc - don't even know the equipment is there.