1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy 2500 vs ram

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dstifel, Oct 26, 2012.

1. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Let's hear it which is better will be pushing alot of snow both 2013s

2. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Gas or Diesel? The 2013 Rams won't even be available until Feb or March of next year.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. dstifel

Gas solely because I can work on it myself. Are you sure about that I test drove a ram today that I was told was a 13? Maybe I misunderstood? It had no window sticker and dealer told me it was because it just arrived and was a 13 I thought.

4. dareo

dareo LawnSite Member

Well since the ram 2500 2013 isn't out till who knows, i'd say Ford F250. Chevy's truck design is quite old now. I like what they are claiming about the next Ram 2500 but an all new design with a Dodge name is not something i'd be first in line to test out.

5. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

The 2013 1500 Rams are available.

I would go with the 6.2 Ford F250 in a gasser.

Chevy is outdated and not as much leg and head room as the F250.

The Hemi in a Dodge is underpowered for a 3/4 ton truck IMO.

6. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I have never owned a Ford 6.2 or a Chevy 6.0 but my Ram 5.7 Hemi has more than enough power.

I pull a 16' open and a 8.5X20 enclosed. With no trailer it's a blast to drive.

7. LibertyFarmLandscaping

from NE TX

Maybe they have raised the hp on them. A friend of mine had an 08' model that I pulled my tractor and 10' cutter with on a 24' GN last year. It struggled and had to keep the rpms high to stay at 60 to 65. My dad has a 6.0 GMC it pulls it with no problem. A neighbor of mine recently traded a 6.0 for a 6.2 Ford. He said it has a little more power than the 6.0 but not much.
    I havent actually looked up the numbers on any of them. I've never trusted the numbers anyway.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dstifel

Ford dealer here is no good no discount offered for business owner or anything. Looking at the Chevy also found a 11 cummins for a great price with only 12 k on it