1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chevy brings the 8.1 BACK!!!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Oakleaf landscape, May 19, 2011.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess the GM rep is out of the loop too! Not only did they come out with the 2012 early without anyone at GM knowing but they are sneaking the 8.1 under the hood too. Lets see a picture of this new truck!
  2. tuney443

tuney443 LawnSite Member

Comparing it to a full blown top fuel dragster you're right---comparing it to my LBZ Dmax,it's LOUD AS HELL! Sorry,but you will never convince me otherwise.Good solid engine,just flawed in the noise department.
  3. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

sorry goldpro, i am going to sell it if i cant get what i want from the dealer for a trade in for a 2006 D-MAX!!!!! thats the way all trucks should be......
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive never had a complaint. My neighbor has a DMax and has commented on how quiet my truck is.
  5. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell your neighbor to turn his hearing aid up. lol
  6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dollars to donuts it's a 6.0. Post a picture of the sticker under the hood that clearly shows it's a 2012 with an 8.1 and I'll eat my words.
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Mmmmmmm! Donuts.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Like what? An American made truck with a foreign motor?
  9. snuckley

snuckley LawnSite Member
    from Pa

OP, please describe the truck with the 8.1, crew/long bed etc./ Allison / single dually......I keep my 2005 8.1 . cause there's no more produced for yrs now, I heard they are maybe even going to stop producing the 8.1 crate motor at GM- I would have to buy aftermarket like Jasper if mine goes bad . They have a new marine bigblock 496 _ can't recall what they call it- but it is a generation 2 496/8.1 that just came out. Take a pix an post it for us.
  10. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

In 06 duramax engines were built in Moraine Ohio........