Chevy Colorado or Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BradLewisLawnCare, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering how you decided? Seriously pondering the chassis cab option with aluminum UTE bed installed in Louisiana then shipped to dealer. All within the GM factory system. That way the bed is 6' wide right from the start and payload is extremely close to what the 1500 is.

A big wrecking yard in Spokane runs these exact rigs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Exact Rototilling

3. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

any little truck I have ever owned [3 s10's, 2 rangers, 3 dakota's ] got no more than 1 or two mpg better mileage than a full-size truck ,and the size of the box and usefullness of the truck was worth more than the minute mpg. gain .Plus,a real truck is comfortable and rides better [I am 6'5" though ]

4. Exact Rototilling

Did you have 4 cylinder Rangers with such poor mileage...:confused:

I see your point re: full size vs. mid size or Ranger. Then it goes 1/2 ton vs. 3/4 ton. If you're going full size why limit to half ton.

Frankly I'd rather have a UTE bed that is a full 7' wide and 8' 6" long on a full size truck frame vs. the smaller UTE bed at 6' wide and 7+ long which frankly is pretty respectable and useful as a dealer delivered option new on the Colorado. The chassis cab is limited to the 5 cylinder but 4 wheel drive is available.

5. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

yes ,one ranger was a manual 4 cylinder short box reg cab and it was more thirsty than the 6 cylinder manual ext cab ranger I had .