Chevy Colorado

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kingbman1, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Anyone own a colorado? I know there not the ideal truck for landscaping but i was wondering for personal use. I like the look and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Also the 5 cylinder engine was new to me.

2. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

I went to my dealer today, and he said that the truck was a larger S-10 priced around 22-24 thousand. I thought that was high for a light-duty truck. He also said that you could get a 6 cylinder silverado for ~26,000. I think that the silverado would be the better of the two, but that is my opinion. my next truck will be a 3/4, or 1-ton diesel truck

I am undecided on ford-chevy. (probably chevy)

Looking at 2005 season for a new truck.

3. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

WOW! What a rip off.We got a Crew Cab f-250 v8 brand new for less then that. Thats a joke. Those 6cyl 1500 should sell for 18000.

4. that chevy 1500 must be a loaded truck ...that sells for 15 around when it loaded with all the options

5. gamartin88

gamartin88 LawnSite Member

They do sell for around that much. I'd tell that dealer to kiss it....he's obviously trying to rip you off. My buddy bought a 2004 Silverado just 3 days ago for 18,300. Pretty basic......V6, auto tranny, no cd or tape player, am/fm only, but a nice truck nonetheless and a hell of a lot cheaper than 26,000! At that rate that dealer will want 30K for a Geo.

6. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at the SSR for my next work truck Whatacth think????

7. dunno its starts at over 40k lol

8. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

The new Colorados starting price is $16,200.

A base 1500 silverado is $20,090.

These are MSRP's straight from the chevy website.

9. CHAN

CHAN LawnSite Member
    from AL.

If you want to know what a truck can be bought for go to www.carsdirect.com and select the model and options you want and see what you can get it for. Try it before you buy and you will have some bargaining power.