1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Chevy, Ford, or Dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by "Ground Control", Aug 15, 2006.

1. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've owned a few Ford trucks and liked them just fine. My current truck is a Chevy and I like it too. At the time I bought it the price was $3000 less than a comparable Ford. I don't have a problem with Dodge, but none of the local Dodge dealers had anything to offer a commercial buyer. You want a cowboy Cadillac loaded up with worthless bells and whistles, they had lots of those. I couldn't find a truck built for a working guy (plain Jane) on any of the local Dodge lots.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

ford ford ford, "thats all I have to say about that":usflag: :usflag:

3. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

ive owned both fords and chevys throughout my life. ive had a lot better luck with fords than I have chevys for reliablity. So i would have to say ford which i currently own with zero problems. never owned a dodge or any foreign truck.

4. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

I've owned Chevy, Dodge and a ford pickup. The Ford was the best of the group.

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan LawnSite Member

don't even get me started

6. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

My dad's been a Ford salesman for about 20 years now, I'm 26 so most of my life has been around Ford trucks.
    No surprise but I've never owned anything but a Ford!

7. TeeCee

TeeCee LawnSite Member

Nothing but Nissan, Toyota, and 1979 Ford F150 FlatBed

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Toyota makes the best truck to date, but the second best truck is Ford in my opinion (don't buy ford cars!). Never have good luck with Chevy and Dodge, they seem to be playing second fiddle no matter what. The resale value of Chevy and Dodge is horrible, loosing money like water.
    You can't go wrong with either Toyota & Ford.

9. Birdhunter1

Birdhunter1 LawnSite Senior Member

Toyota wishes they made a truck!

10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

my tundra v6 out tows my chevy 1500 v8 . i can hardly even feel the trailer when hooked to my tundra . my chevy v8 almost struggles when my z is on the trailer