Chevy HD series,2011 MotorTrend Truck of Year

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TriCityLawnCareLLC, Nov 22, 2011.

1. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

Well, color me surprised. A Chevy outperforming the competition in Chevrolet commercial.

2. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Incorrect. It's like everyone with the same muscles (800 ft/lbs of torque) in a weightlifting competition, but the judges make every contestant hold the bar in a different width, thereby making it harder for some and easier for others (Chevrolet).

I can't believe I even answered that question with such a simplistic analogy.

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow this OP has a very limited understanding of a lot of things. And who buys an 8000 pound, $50000 diesel cause its the fastest in a bs video? My 04 dodge cummins is doing 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds so apparently it is superior to all.

4. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Theres nothing wrong with simple analogies.

I think you assume too much. Limited understanding of a lot of things is relative. Don't get too hyped up about a video, I'm sure you're dodge is great truck...I personally think it's a well put together video, with real life scenarios.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Im not hyped up at all. But the video sure is.

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

While I do like GM trucks better than the other brands (personal preference), all of these videos from the manufacturers are made to make their truck look better than the others. Chevy, Ford and Dodge would not put out videos, sponsored by them, to make their trucks look worse than the other brands.

7. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

U take your stock dodge vs ford vs chevy. Hook everything up - see what happens. I will put our GMC 2011 diesel against anything out there right now. You load a trailer, you measure sag in the rear end, you pull goosenecck or bumper hitch trailer all wieghing the same - check your gas mph, anything you have. I think your hyped with the 08 dodge!

Me and my father in law did this. He has 2011 dodge diesel - sorry but his dodge didn't fair that well. Although we all had fun with though!

8. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

This is somewhat of the point that i'm trying to make. Of the tests Chevy did in the videos, these tests showed that the Chevy HD out preformed, the sag test is important to me, pulling that amount of weight especially up an inlcine is important to me, and the flex test was pretty interesting too.

You're saying the videos are bogus but they(the different trucks) were put through the same test multiple times and Chevy highlighted it's strengths, which was the point of the videos. Of course Chevy is going to make a video to sell their product, but the tests aren't bogus, Chevy is showcasing the strengths of their trucks compared to the competitors IMO. Anyhow, I think they're great!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011