Chevy Pickup w/ plow for $1500?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Oct 30, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Chevy 2500 4x4, 45,000 miles, Silver (no rust) exterior, inside a little bangged up, 8' Box, V8 GAS, New tranny at 43,000 miles, 8' Blizzard plow. Yes, its from Randy across the street :D

All for $1500

What cha all think? things to look out for?

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

What year?
    What size V-8?
    Does the spedo stop at 99,999? If yes Im sure its turned over at least once.
    Sounds like a great deal!

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

its a 1999, I dont know what the meter goes to. I do know it was used for one (1) appartment complex. It didnt do anything but plow snow. Never drove anywhere but to fill up on gas. Thats it.

4. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Jeez LBP... You need to give me this guys number so I can get in on some of these deals....

What year are we talking here?

I would say the truck alone should be worth $1500 especially with the new tranny.

The plow if all the pumps work is gravy.

Isn't the truck bigger than what you are driving around now? It could make a good leaf truck too if you pick it up soon.

Ron

5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't buy it, stay off he's ripping you off.
    Give me his number and name to call the cops on him.

6. The Lawn Boy Pro

I dont know what size V8. Lemmie go across the street and ask him. Be back in a few;)

7. The Lawn Boy Pro

No, you dont understand. I WENT ot his work, and watched what he does 9 days ago. Its perfectly legal. They get new equipment ALL the time. And I mean ALL the time. They buy Bobcat and Bunton ZTRs in quantities of 250 EVERY other year!!!! No joke, this guy is the head maintenance guy of a MULTI-MILLION dollar appartment biz from Michigan to Kentucky. Believe me, I know perfectly well that he isnt stealing this stuff. Since hes an employee, the sell it cheaper than dirt so they can make room for new stuff.

8. The Lawn Boy Pro

The PLOW is worth at LEAST that much! Ya, its a little beat up, but I mean, hey, Thats what it does, plows snow, and It works.

Yes, its MUCH bigger than what I'm driving now, its a 3/4 ton, mines just under 1/2 ton. And, I was looking for a bigger truck for a leaf box too!

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

LBP-is this an s10?

Why dont you post a pic and have us take a look, if its only been a lot plow truck...it must be ok. Any rust?

POST A PIC PLEASE:cool:

10. The Lawn Boy Pro

I will post a pic as soon as he brings it home. He works an hr. away from here, so hes gotta get someone to drive his truck home or something too. I dono if its an S-10 or not, just know its a 2500 w/ a bench seat, and no rust on outside.