Chevy s10 pulling around 700lbs

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mwalz, Aug 28, 2013.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I'm getting started in the lawn business with more accounts. Got a 99' Chevy s10 with 42k on it and all i need is to install a trailer hitch that can handle more weight. Wanting to know what you guys think about it hauling a 5x8 trailer, 36" toro wb, push mower, 2 trimmers, and 2 blowers. I looked at the weight it can pull and it should handle it. It's a 4.3 v6 auto. Just wondering what you guys thought of this setup? I know should of bought a full size truck to begin with but i just couldn't pass up the deal on the truck i got, i also didn't know i was going to be hauling a lot of weight either. I'm unsure if this is safe or a smart thing to do

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

You can tow 700 lbs behind a daewoo lanos. Throw it in the bed or on the trailer and go

3. ncpete

ncpete LawnSite Senior Member

Lanos, heck you can tow 700 pounds behind a Miata. I had many friends that pulled their tire and tool trailers behind theirs when autocrossing.

4. Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons LawnSite Member

I'm telling you i got a 98 s10 2.2 liter pulls a 6.5x10 trailer 6 days a week up and down a mountain , it carries now 48" walkbehind and two push mowers. I use to carry 48" john deere 7h17 walk behind and a 48" scag v ride and a push mower, 2 redmax weedeaters, 2 redmax blowers. And the trailer is of the bumper. I will take pictures tomorrow. The best truck i ever owned drove from chattanooga tn to houston tx pulling a 5x8 enclosed trailer. Bought the truck in 05 with 98,000 now it has 224,000 hard miles. I have had a 61" grasshopper on my trailer before, now it struggle with that mower. It help if it has a 5speed trans

5. Jason Simmons

Here is another s10 i sold this winter pulling my trailer. I like being the under dog. People laugh at me pulling up at people yard in a s10 and open trailer, but it get the job done.

6. Jason Simmons

Sorry can t upload any pictures

7. Jason Simmons

Maybe it will upload now

2013-03-19_17-34-40_783.jpg

8. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly, i don't give a s**t about what i look like pulling up to the job as long as i can get the job done and do exactly wat i say i can, and give a nice quality cut. I'm starting small but in a few years i might get a full size truck to haul ztr's if i ever get to that point

9. Jason Simmons

Got some pic

2013-08-29_16-12-10_220.jpg

10. Jason Simmons

More picture of my s10 setup. I'm part time got 26 accounts

2013-08-29_16-35-46_499.jpg