1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chevy Silverado...would you...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by WJW Lawn, Sep 21, 2006.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Would you guys pay 1600 for a Chevy Silverado that had a tranny rebuilt last year...is a 93...runs strong and smooth...no oil leaks and appears VERY well taken care of? Here's the kicker...270,000 miles on it! Thoughts??
  2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

if it runs good i would. i bought a 93 with 2oo,000 for 1500$ last year. so far so good. makes a good work truck.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

hell no! the rebuilt tranny isnt a big deal, but the 270k is just wayyyyyy toooooo high.
  4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Alot of miles, but if you have a short route and not driving alot, you might get a few seasons out of it, heck who knows how long it may run

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

those years are AWSOME trucks!
  6. WJW Lawn

Thats what Ive heard....The thing purrs...the guy kept it in such great shape. Im really amazed by how nice it is.
  7. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a 2000 chevy astro with 160,000 miles for $500(worth about $4,000) runs good and handles great, i think chevy makes great products/
    do it, you won't be dissapointed, just be sure to use the tow/haul mode(if it's an automatic) only on hills.
  8. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

How come everyone talks about the old Toyota trucks "lasting forever", and never talk about the numerous Chevy trucks getting 250,000+ miles. I do know quite a few people who have taken their Chevys way past 200,000.

For the price of this truck, I'd go with it.
  9. WJW Lawn

Thats a good point...no one ever mentions Chevy...yet this thing starts up and purrs like it's brand new! Drives great....everything. For the money Im very impressed...so Im getting it today. The guy that ownes it now is a real car and truck buff...so he's kept this truck in tip top shape...all oil changes and tuneups...like I said---a rebuilt tranny...new radiator....and best of all... no oil leaks!
  10. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am driving my Ford F-150 with 5.0 and towing 5000-6000lbs everyday with 266,000 miles on it. Still running strong.