chevy silverado

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by A+ Lawncare, Jun 20, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

:rolleyes: dreaming of 1 day, when i have a chance to buy another p/u....

whats the price you'de pay for a 1999 silverado 1500, the reason i say 1999 is b/c thats the year they changed the design & grill.... also the price you'd pay for a 2003 silverado 1500 the same very reason of chevy changing the design that year.... both trucks would be stock w/average milage and average trim & 2wd.... i know its hard to actually calculate the msrp on a truck you know very lil knowledge about....

i've seen 1999 chevy 1500 2wd go for around $7,000 in my area w/60k miles.... whats the lowest you'v seen?

2. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

i guess it all depends on the mileage/wear and tear and what not. i just recently got a new truck...2002 z71 with 30k miles for a damn good price. a lot of the 1999's i looked at (i was looking for 4wd so they were a little more) but they were all between 10 and 20,000. if you're looking for a plain work truck, a friend of mine recently found a company that uses trucks for a couple of years then auctions them off and he got a great deal. i can't remember what kind of company it was.

3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

If you attend municipal auctions, you can get trucks the county used cheap, those normally are in great shape, and some even have utility beds you can take advantage of for storing tools and supplies in.

4. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a 1998 GMC 2500 with an 8 foot fisher plow with a new paint job for 10900.00. Thats a good deal in my book

5. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

6. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

That is within those years where breaks withered away like grass clippings in a trash can. Great truck, brakes sucked. In 2000, the new design was used, and after 35K on my Silverado, no significant wear is there, we have another 30K minimum before worrying about them.

That's the only thing I would hesitate over, no matter what price.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Last May I bought a '00 GMC Sierra 2500 HD w/ 6.0 Vortec gas, long bed standard cab, loaded (cd player, dual power seats, power windows, locks, etc.), and it is 4x4 with 125,000 miles. I paid $11,000 for it and since then all I've done is change oil, had the tranny pumped, I changed the rear differential fluid and put some BFG All Terrain T/A tires on it. I also put a K&N air filter on it and a Flowmaster muffler, both of those together give me around 16-17 MPG on the highway, not too bad. Great truck, although I wish it was diesel, my dad's Powerstroke kicks the crap out of the 6.0 Vortec and gets the same mileage, but hey, it's a gas engine, what can you expect?

8. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

SCAG48

thats a heck of a deal.... got any pics?

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

A+ - I don't have any on this computer, but it's that real popular gray color with alloy wheels. I'll see if I can find some pics on the other computer and post them.