1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by MOSEY, Jan 24, 2000.

1. MOSEY

MOSEY Guest

I just got a 96 tahoe, it feels like a toy coming from a 88 2500 suburban. My problem -its too low, I bottom out on steep driveways. My dealer adjusted the torsion bars it helped a bit(mabey) but now I need a wheel alignment and my headlights are out of wack when the plow is off. I was wondering if changing tire size will help,how big can I go and how off will my speedo be ?Is there anything else to do besides the whole lift kit thing (too much $$)I use a 7.5 standard western.Thanks I love this forum great advice & always some laughs.<p>Mosey
  2. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Look under the truck and see how much they adjusted the torsion bars. It is very easy to do. There is a jacking bolt near the rear mount of the torsion bar, and all you have to do is screw it in. I got about 2&quot; of lift when I turned my up. Adjusting the headlights is easy also.<br>Now you may be able to get a 265/85/16 on the truck but probably not, but look and see. Also try a set of load boosters for the front. They are easy to install, and run about 130$. Write for part #'s if you are interested.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org