1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chevy truck problem used for lawn business

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Rodney Johns, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

Why did they ruin a good thing and replace the 350?
  2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Because in spite of what Odin says they are :dizzy: :dizzy:
  3. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

The reason the 350, 305, and 454 have disappeared is because they would not meet goverment emissions regulations. Therefore, we have the new generation small blocks and big block. Yes, they are having problems with piston slap on them, but more so on the 6.0. It's no different than what Ford is going through with their engines, only i hear they have also been having head gasket problems and oil leaks. I have also heard some reports of spark plugs blowing out of the engines. Anyone can read this by going to F150online.com. This problem is NOT exclusive to GM as some on this board would like you to believe, but it does not give GM any excuse for it either.
  4. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Chevy. I have owned mostley Chevys, and have neveer had a major problem that was not regular maintenance.
  5. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

So the EPA or Congress is to blame?? I Have a 98 and 2001 (1st half style)Chevy both with the 350's...as well as a 2001 Dodge (another story).....No problems at all and they take a beating...

I have a Brother that has the 8.0 Chevy gas....it's been in the shop 8 times...all transmission problems...Allison transmission.
  6. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

To add a positive note to this thread, I have a 2001 2500HD with a 6.0 and have had zero problems with it. A little noise for a few seconds when it starts cold, but nothing else. It has 50,000 miles now and not one repair. It feels like a new truck. I couldn't be happier.