chevy vs. ford. vs. dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cormell3, Jan 19, 2010.

1. cormell3

cormell3 LawnSite Member

Im in my second year of mowing and im looking to get a new truck. Im looking at getting a used truck in the 6 to 7 thousand dollar range so i was wonder what will give me the most reliabilty. thanks

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Ford is the current reliability leader of those you mentioned, at least corporate wide . Ford is the only one who might not be going away due to mismanagement.

3. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

You may as well ask what pie is the best or what movie is the best, because nobody here can give you an unbiased answer based solely on facts, if such an answer even exists.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

In my 51 years I had more Chevy's than Ford's but it's just worked out that way. Right now my work truck is a Ford, my wife drives a Chevy and I have a Ford for a weekend car. I rarely ever have problems with cars anyway.

5. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

Yea, what is your favorite beer? I mean you will recieve tons of different answers, but they are just everyone opinion. :rolleyes:

6. FastMan

FastMan LawnSite Senior Member

There aren't any beer companies living on bail out money from the government. There's only one of those auto companies that's not. Credit where credit's due.

7. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

Not this question again!!!!!

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

look for a tundra

9. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

For that money you will have a crap shoot either way. I have had some 4-7k trucks that were great, some that weren't, all Ford's, and I've got friends that run chevys and dodges, same story some will be great, some not so much. Good luck.

10. WH401

WH401 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, first off, you can toss the current situation of the auto manufacturers out the window because buying a used truck worth 6k or 7k isn't going to have anything to do with that. Second, asking a "who's best question" based on the Big 3 is pointless in any multi-branded forum. Thirdly, personally myself and my family have great luck with Dodges. We've had 11 over the past 21 years, 6 of them being Cummins diesels. But honestly though, any truck at 6 - 7k is going to have it's issues, it's going to be the luck of the draw no matter what manufacturer you buy.