Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Kleen Kutz, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

I have an 02 Chevy and I've never had any problems or rust at all. But what's the rust problem with them?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dieselfuel

dieselfuel LawnSite Member

any of the three will work, as long as you properly match your truck's capabilities to the weight of the trailer you are going to pull. They have GVWR and GCWR calculators and the manufacturer's give you their ratings so you can figure it all out. If you're pulling with a smaller truck I would just make sure you have a trans. cooler and the proper braking equipment.

3. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

Braking system is a must.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Well I'm from Iowa so I see a lot of rusty chevys . They all seem to around here but Chevy more so then others. More or less just giving you sh!t.

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Rust isn't a problem here, except when you yankee's send them down here to try and get rid of them, but we're onto you! LOL

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a question only you could answer. Think back to how or where you met them.

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

I'm too lazy to go back and see who said it but someone said that you already have a chevy and it has been pretty good to you so why not go back to them. As far as the rust thing, i think thats from the salt used when it snows up north of us (some of you northern guys correct me if im wrong). I have a uncle that owns a 2007 Dmax and he loves it and he did a butt load of research before even going to the dealership and looking. I don't know if you want a diesel or or not but I'm sure a 2500 gas would be fine.

8. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

You are correct my trucks get power washed every weekend mainly the underside to keep salt of them up here i hate it.