1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chevy vs. Ford !!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luckylawnboy, Oct 19, 2000.

1. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to get a heated discussion on Which one you like. I will start off by giving Chevy 1 vote. And to all you Power Strokes, Watch out for that new Duramax.
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

Put me down as a vote for Chevrolet also. Although I do like the new F-250's. I am still a Chevy man all the way.
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Put me down for the Ford if its equiped with the 444CI Power Stroke diesel, we love ours they will pull anything.
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Diehard Ford.

1998 F150
    1965 Mustang Drag car
  5. Ford Forever.

1989 F 250
    13 - F 250's. F 350's, etc.

1971 Ford F100 (slammed)
    1972 Mustang 300 hp street car.
  6. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

F. O. R. D. Fix Or Repair Daily :rolleyes:
    You sure did pick a good topic for a heated disscussion.
  7. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Unless you have owned and used both opinions on this subject are like a-holes most of the time they stink and they are best kept to yourself.

I owned an 85 Ford F350 which gave me nothing but problems, my 89 Pontiac STE AWD was no prize either so now I have a Dodge which has been overall an OK truck. Next time Ill try another Ford or a Chevy but it seems around here if you want a truck to double as a car you buy a Chevy if you want a truck you can work to death you buy a Ford and if you dont know any better you buy a Dodge ;)
  8. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I would not take a ford over a chevy even if you gave it to me for half the price. Ford just has never made vehicles as dependable as chevy.
  9. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I had a dodge ram 250 3/4 with a cummins deisel 4 wheel drive 5 speed. Loved that truck. I traded it in for a ford super duty box truck(gas 460) I really regretted that decision. But I need a box truck at that time. But between ford and chevy. I would go with a chevy.
  10. sunrise

sunrise Banned

F O R D

Super Duty