Chevy vs. GMC

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Petr51488, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Is there any real difference between the chevy and the gmc's? Other than style? I plan on buying a fully loaded crew cab long bed. I'm not a real fan of the chevy's front end. I also drove by a gmc lot today and took a look at the 2500 gmc's and really like them over the chevy's. From what i remember, the interior even looked the same. Any thoughts?

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think you will find they are going to be the same. I would go with the dealer that had the best service dept.

3. Petr51488

from NJ

Service is the last thing on my mind. I have to like the truck. With the service, i can search around. I need to decide on the chevy, or the gmc for now.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Then what are you asking us for then???? Go try both of them out and see what one you like best.:hammerhead:

5. Petr51488

from NJ

I'm asking if there are any differences between the two. Not the interior, but how they are made, how they handle, the quietness etc..

6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

GMC is gonna have some more comfort options, like leather, and power sliding rear windows and other little details. I like GMC's look over the chevy's a lot better, also, for those buying used, GMC's sierra came out with onsatr way before chevy aded it to their silverado line.

7. Petr51488

from NJ

Chevy also has leather. The one thing i noticed is that the gmc has aluminum around the center console and wood above it, while the chevy has the wood trim everywhere. Those huge corner chrome caps throw off the truck completely

8. Petr51488

from NJ

Take a look at the two trucks. The color might have something to do with it, but i doubt it.

gmc3.jpg

chevy1.jpg

9. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

exact same trucks mechanical wise. always has been always will be. the only differences are the available options for interior and slight exterior details

why dont you like the front suspension? atleast its not the double I-beams like on fords:hammerhead:

10. Petr51488

from NJ

Thanks for the response. Its not the suspension that i don't like, its the way it looks. Those huge chrome corner caps throw off the whole truck completely. The gmc looks a hell of a lot better.

You wouldn't happen to know the interior differences would you? Most dealers don't know much about their trucks. Usually theres 1 person that knows everything about a certain year of a truck. I was hoping one of you guys out there would. Maybe you're in the same situation i am.