1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chicago weather is so predictable.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twins_lawn_care, Mar 16, 2004.

1. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Last weekend, it was in the 60's,
    Just yesterday, I saw a crew mowing some commercial properties, and this morning we have 2 inches of snow on the ground!

Gotta love the four seasons, and where else can you get them all in just one week!

Have to laugh at stuff like this, or we'd go crazy. I guess it's going to be a couple weeks before we get started. Just passing the time here :waving:
  2. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

Sounds like OMaha. Sunday it was sunny and 55. Monday we got about 4 inches of the white stuff. Supposed to get rain and a little more snow this evening. It better dry out for the cleanup I have scheduled for Saturday.
  3. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

ya i hear ya man yesterday we were doin some early spring lawn repairs and some dormant seeding and the next thing i know its snowing ah gotta love chicago though i wouldnt trade living here for anywhere

GO BEARS!!
  4. SUPERIOR Lawn Design

SUPERIOR Lawn Design LawnSite Member

Hey same here... I hear we are in for a warmup next week though! I can then finish my prep for the other 2/3rd's of my yards...
  5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

HEY! That's what we say about Michigan. Don't like the weather? Wait awhile, it's sure to change.

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Down here it was almost 80 yesterday, today it was raining all day, and like 72!!! Dont you feel sorry for me?
  7. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

The warm weather the other week has been great for business!! I has gotten customers to start thinking about services they need. My phone has been ringing and I've been out meeting with customers and preparing bids while it's been overall to crummy to do much work here. Was trudging around in the snow with a lady today who wants landscaping installation done. Gotta love the windy city!
  8. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

It's basket ball play off time in Indiana. It always snows. LOL
  9. rivablaster701

rivablaster701 LawnSite Member

were are you at in northern Il Im in McHenry county grass hasnt even broke dormancy yet Crews mowing Yesterday What the @#$%^
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

too true. It might be a sunny day, but once a system hits Lake Michigan, its a total different story