chicagoland guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by R & R Yard Designs, Apr 21, 2011.

1. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you guys not mowing anything yet. With the cold temps and rain we have only done spring clean ups, but we did cut it low when we did them. Most of our stuff is still brown and just starting to come out of dormant stage. How about the rest of you guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

100 miles west of you. we have mowed about 3/4 of our accounts once. Some LCO's here have mowed some props twice but I haven't, as I think thats pushing it. Growth has slowed considerably in the last few days.

3. R & R Yard Designs

Yea tell me about it last year we had 4 full cut in April and this year maybe one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I know, we had a good spring last year but it will warm up next week. We had a great winter here though, more than makes up for this spring.

5. ZMAX

ZMAX LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I saw Ohio guys mowing today, making tire tracks everywhere.

6. R & R Yard Designs

Yea it is wet for sure. Just more on the way to.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm farther north (nw suburb of chicago) I've seen other guys out, but i officially start May 1st, but because of this rain, i've had to push back detaching and aeration jobs

8. R & R Yard Designs

We pluged today it went ok a little muddy, but I am happy we had all the clean ups done in march and first week in April. It's going to a fun next week that's for sure.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

ya in wi just over the border by kenosha, we are stilll doing spring cleanups.maybe start to mow next week will see

10. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 120 miles east of you in South Bend. I'm doing my second cuts this week.