Chilehead says, "This is the BIG ONE."

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chilehead, Oct 7, 2013.

1. FBT

FBT LawnSite Member

How did this one play out?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I don't know yet. The way it stands right now, my bid is the winning bid but it still has to be approved by the board of directors.:dizzy: The corporate world is so complicated. I am "supposed" to know this week. We'll see.....!
  3. TuffTurfLawnCare

TuffTurfLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

can we know who the company is? the suspense is KILLING me!
  4. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

A board of directors has to ok the grounds bid. That is nuts. They should be deciding the overall strategy of the company, not who us going to cut the grass and trim the shrubs. That is one if the reasons why I am happy I am no longer working in corporate.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

It's killing me, too: I want to tell everyone here, but won't until I have a definite "yes" or "no" on my bid. An email I got this morning from them stated that I would know very soon--no date given. Winning this account would be so awesome. Here's a hint of who it is (albeit a puzzle): working for this entity would grant me some job security not usually found on such a large scale. Now go rack your brain!:laugh:
  6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

When you say this is the big one, are you referring to the size of the fail?
  7. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Hmmm, let's try to narrow this down some.

Fortune 100 comapnies in ATL: Coca-Cola Company, Home Depot, United Parcel Service, Delta Air Lines, AT&T Mobility, and Newell Rubbermaid.

Intenationally recognized...Coke or Delta. I'm going with Coke for my guess.

Godd Luck to ya, hope you get it!
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  8. shadco

shadco LawnSite Member

FWFW Coke's anual sales top 48 billion.
  9. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I knew being a barber to the stars would bring minor celebrity status, but never thought cutting grass would celebrity status. Good luck with the bid.
  10. myblacktruck

myblacktruck LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Good luck and hope you get it dying to know who it is