1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chimney Clean Up

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Americal Vet, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

As part of fall leaf clean up I also offer chimney cleaning/sweeping what ever you would like to call it. I have the fiberglass rods and various size brushes so that I can clean about any size. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes and I get anywhere from 50 to 60 dollars. Most of my customers handed me a $100 bucks and told me to keep it.

Just wondering if any of you guys offer this service. If not you are passing up a good way to make a little extra cash with minimal investment.
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What does insurance for this cost?
  3. Americal Vet

Americal Vet LawnSite Senior Member

My policy does not spell out specifics as far as this goes, but I carry a Million in insurance. This is one thing I talked to my insurance agent about when I got the policy. The worst thing I've done so far is break out a couple of car windows. I've never had to file a claim and pray that I don't.

Sorry I can't be more precise in my answer, and can only say it is within my policy.