Chinch Bugs in Florida!!!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Joey2028, Nov 8, 2006.

1. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

Call your rep there is a sub- Label

2. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

chinch bugs have a piercing, sucking mouthpart. What good would watering in a granular do? Granular is the wrong way to go against them anyway.

3. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

DO NOT USE SAFARI, whoever said that is an a$$, or just plain ********. Safari is a product similar to ROUND UP, but the difference is.... it last i think a lil more then 3 years. Wow too funny, called a bare ground vegitation herbicide if im not mistaken.

4. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a systemic insecticide called safari for onamental plants:dizzy:

5. A.T.A.K

You are refering to Sahara DG not Safari. This why I quit responding to people who need help on tis site. People are quick to try and call you out without doing a little research.

6. A.T.A.K

Who looks like an A$$ now.:drinkup: Hell Matt are you even Certified

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Matt

yes you are mistaken, First of all the EPA won't certify anything with over a year residual. and Safari is a ground sterilizer that pretty much kills everything for up to a year on clay and less time on sandy soil.

Man I hate it when the Misinformation starts to flow. Granules have a longer residual and less knock down power and can be very effective against Chinch bugs.

I also have to ask also. Are you guys even certified pesticide operators?? I know many states sell certificates at the the local drug store. It looks like you all are from one of those states.

8. A.T.A.K

I ask the same question here are the label. Get certified learn to reserch then post.

Attached Files:

9. Mattcurry

Mattcurry LawnSite Member

Correct me if im wrong, but we were having a conversation about chinch but which attack turf, not ornamentals.. From the looks of this label this product is allowed for use on ornamentals and nurseries...

If this is correct why not just buy a case of nufos, who cares if its labeled for residential lawn use right?

10. A.T.A.K

Get the sub-label. I was right you are not certified nor have the ability to do research on your own. Call your rep or have your Manager do it for you.