chinch bug's

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Jul 27, 2007.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

how do u get rid of them?,,, i used a tuff builder on the lawn a couple weeks ago,,, will these have a effect on the grass having both products used on the lawn at the same time?... thought about use-ing the specticide type that control grubs and other insect's too,,, they told me that u need to reply it twice ayear to get good results,,,,,

2. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

chinch bugs are getting tuff to kill these days some chem resistance is showing up. i would use liq over gran. insecticides and try a bifenthrin product
    or a sevin product always treat well out side the damaged area.

3. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

With out irrigation available, systemic insecticide is difficult to use to control any foliar or soil borne insect.
    I have noticed a marked increase in population resistance to certain classes of insecticides so I would recommend contacting your closest Extension Office for their specific recommendations.
    I would highly recommend staying away from the carbaryl insecticides live Sevin as you do not want to eradicate all insects just the target pest.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

Don't over look Dylox a organophosphate, to break the resistance cycle to Pyrethroids. Grub season is about on us in my area and Dylox can be a Two for one shot.

5. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

arena comes in a gran 25 # bag treats 5000sq ft @ lesco