Chinese Kohlers Yea!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WREBELMACHINE, Nov 6, 2007.

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got off of kohlers web site and kohler has some new china built engines getting ready for us! Yeah! This just tickles me how about everyone else? Surely the new big block engine are not from china I hope!
  2. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I have about had it with Kohler. One of the good things they had going for them was that they were American made, now that may be gone. I would rather have a Vanguard or a Kaw. Pretty soon in America we will manufacture nothing, and all our workers will be hispanic. :confused:
  3. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder if the paint will have lead in it...... :usflag:
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, it will...and it will be poison to our pets, as well....
  5. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

:cry: Thats great news. I was a kohler fan!
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

All the major small engine manufacturers have connections with foreign manufacturers.
    Kawasaki and Honda are foreign from the start, Briggs is tied to Diahatsu, Kohler now has ties to China.
    So, what is the big deal?
  7. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I forgot to mention, the Kohler Chinese engines are little Honda clones. They will be 5 - 6hp engines and are being put on 21" mowers.
    Ariens is going to use some, to replace the B&S engines they had used on some 21" mowers. I think they will take a lot of business away from B&S.
    Mower manufacturers are not happy about using B&S engines, since B&S is building mowers to sell against them, under several brand names like Simplicity and Ferris.
  8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Is anything made in China worth a crap? Maybe instead of "Made In China" the tag should read "Cheap Plastic $hit".
  9. Big Bad Bob

Big Bad Bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 5

Who cares if it's made in China? Who cares if it is crap? It's cheaper and that's all Americans care about. They don't care about quality of cars. They don't care about quality of toys. They don't care about quality of lawncare. All that matters is cheap. Face it people. America is dead. We are in a one world economy and we are working on a one world government. Resistance is futile. 25 years ago was the time to resist. Now if we resist we are asked "Why do you hate America by being protectionist?" We is toast.
    Funny thing is that 25 years ago if a company did business with a communist country, they were traitors. Now they are smart businessmen..... err business'people'. (Forgot to be politically correct.)*trucewhiteflag*

End of treasonous political rant. I hate America. Pay no attention to what I say. Gitmo, here I come. Ve haf all your names. United Nations forever. All hail the UN.
  10. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello , finally people r realizing that the small kohler engines are not all they seem to be . Inspect a eg 25 carby engine and u will find parts from many places including asia .
    Always questioned why one end of a kohler is metric and the other imperial ,most likely different plants/suppliers .
    Hongkong is where kohler has an office as far as i am aware .
    For the people who do not know ,,a chinese product is a very compromised item . I agree the term ""quality"" should ""never be"" associated with"" made in china "".

If u ever have choice between "china made " or "japanese made "" always pick japan as the difference is huge a typical case is bearings used in the auto field .