Chinese Tractors Cheap!! But Good?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by grassdoctor, Jan 15, 2005.

1. grassdoctor

grassdoctor LawnSite Member

How about these jinma... isikie ... yanmar ... zennoh.... koiti etc tractors.
    Everyone post your opinions. I am a kubota fan but at these prices does it matter?

2. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Haven't seen too many, but the ones I have seen have old technology. A friend had one and broke an axle, couldn't get a replacement. There is a used one on an equipment lot near here that has been there two years.

I saw a web site showing the "factory" for one brand, it was pretty crude and had a dirt floor. Kind of makes me wonder how much dirt and dust was in the engines and hydraulics.

I think with tractors you get what you pay for.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Iseki and Yanmar are Japanese tractors and they are good little tractors. Kioti is a South Korean tractor and they are good tractors. I drove a couple of them at a dealer demo day and I was very impressed. Jinma tractors are made in China and IMO they are not any good. They might be cheap but you would be better off getting a better tractor because Chinese can't build anything any count.

4. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

Travis pretty well covered it.
    As far as I know, Zen-noh is a renamed gray market Kubota ( Kubota's that were not intended for sale in the US).

5. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

You may be right, but I also heard that Zen-noh was a Japanese farm coop that purchased tractors from many different manufacturers and rebadged them with their name. So you might get a Kubota or you might get another Janapese tractor.

The grey Japanese tractors are fine tractors if they fit your needs. Some don't have true water pumps or have odd PTO speeds. Some use a two point rear lift, not the American 3 point. Good tractors, just know what you are getting so you aren't disappointed.

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" Holds true for tractors as well as everything else.

Mac

7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Grey market tractors can be hard to get parts fot. The kubota dealers around here will not service them. I think yanmar is a decent tractor, they build john deere's. I'm a kubota guy myself and i have owned IH in the past. Kubota always seems to be the leader in transmission versatility (pto) and reliability! They pack a ton of power in a light compact quiet machine, that's what works for us. I never said they were inexpensive :cool:

8. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know about the rest, but I understand that Yanmar has the same Engine as John Deere up to 30 HP

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Yes, thats true. Yanmar builds a lot of the smaller JD's.

10. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

My ex-g/f's dad has a Mitsubishi 15hp 2-cylinder diesel with 3pt. and 540 rpm pto, but it has a blown head gasket, he's been trying to find one for a couple of years now but has had no luck.