chinese tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Rollacosta, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

Hi i'm going to purchase a compact tractor in the near future .I often see cheap Chinese tractors for sale [new ones] and i was wondering if any of you guys out there have had any dealings with one ,the price of what looks on paper a very good compact tractor is very very good indeed half the price of a kubota or john what do you guys think about cheap Chinese tractors ??? i will mostly be doing bush hogging that kind of thing
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I'm not a big fan. They may look good now but what about when it breaks down and you need parts and service? Parts will be hard to find and no one will want to work on them. if you plan on using it very much at all just spend the extra money and get a good one- JD, NH, MF, or a Kubota. The Kioti's and branson tractors also seem to be good tractors for a little less money than the bigger names.
  3. vaham

vaham LawnSite Member

tractors, including all the chinese and other varieties. I am not sure if it is cool to post the website here, however... payup
  4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Never has the saying "You get what you pay for" been more true than when buying equipment. Stay away from the gray market tractors.....far far away.
  6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is this advice spoken from experience? I have owned a gray market tractor for nearly five years and it has given me good service. Now, granted I don't use it 40 hours a week, but it starts willingly every time and I have only had minor maintenance issues with it.
  7. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is. I use mine in a commercial application. For a homeowner they may work. But I would not stake my business on them. One guy here bought one last year. It came with an engine re-build kit.
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Great advise.................................................
  9. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never owned a communist tractor, and never will.
  10. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

my son today bought a cheap chinese dirt bike ,lets just say i will NOT be buying a chinese tractor NEVER in a million years, the build quality is absolutely terrible