Chipley Florida area

Discussion in 'Employment' started by sparcolawn, Jul 4, 2005.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

hey ya'll, i own a business in the northeast but will be moving down to the chipley FL in the very near future, im not interested in owning a business, but still want to work in the field. what are the going rates for workers down there. any help would be great!

2. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

$3.50 p.hr

3. sparcolawn

from IN

well i guess i'd have a much better chance of just starting back up down there.haha

4. KINGjosh

Absolutely Brotha!

5. sparcolawn

from IN

$3.50, damn, i'd be put right in the big house if i even thought of paying my crews that

6. KINGjosh

I'm just joking, But most pay anywhere from $6-10 an hour depending on experience and immigration status.

7. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I don't know what they pay in Chipley but that sure is a small and old run down place. I was there last year and notice the old school from back in the 50's with no a/c was still in use. Good luck with your change in scenery.

8. sparcolawn

from IN

well im simply just looking to stay in the field, so if i had to travel a half hour or so to get there then so be it. I'm a white male, early 20's that has 6 years experience owning my own business, and a many classes under my belt including business classes, so a managerial or foreman job would be reasonable i believe.

9. KINGjosh

You might get $13-15 down here, with one of these big giant corps.

10. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

I'd learn Spanish if you wanna be a foreman/crew leader. Bilingual is A+++ down here.

Golf courses are always hiring. Don't know what they pay though.