1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Chipper Shredder for Walker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcambrose, Oct 9, 2002.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Just received a reply back from Walker indicating they are going to soon offer a chipper/shredder to put on front of walker in place of deck. Supposed to take up to 3" limbs. They are still looking at it. It was supposedly built in Belgium.
  2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Umm...that sounds interesting. What will they think of next?

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

4. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

was at my local dealer today and he showed me a new attachment for walker also---parking lot vac/w/filterbag for the hopper for around 3800.00looks real interesting in the pic
  5. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Is it really worth the time to chip and shread stuff, unless your a home owner and want the mulch?
  6. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

They are also working on a high lift dump of there own from what I have heard. This may work in combination with that chipper so you can grind clippings and dump them directly into a large dump truck. Cool concept if it works.
  7. mcambrose

8. mcambrose

Does anyone have new information of the chipper/shredder for a Walker mower?
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Bet you could buy a used Vermeer chipper for less than this thing will cost!
  10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Man, I'm good even back then I was a smartazz.
    This is my res[onse to Stone building a Toro chipper out of his wbh. Haha before and after pictures..

LawnSite Silver Member Join Date: Dec 1999

Stone, I suggest you take some before and after pics so the surgeon will know how to put you back together after.
    I think I would buy a chipper vac before I would try this. We have a 12' mower for doing our apple orchard prunings, it is pulled with a 45 hp Kubota, has 3/4' thick double blades on it and it still scares the **** out of me to run it over branches. We also have plexiglass schield to protect the driver, it's been broke twice now.
    I think this one is one for the scrubs.
    I know it seems like a good idea but you will need to mount some good guards to keep the slivers from flying out and maiming you.