chipper-vac setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gopro, Oct 10, 2003.

1. gopro

gopro LawnSite Member

looking for some extra heavy duty rubber hose..8" x 15'.
    we're doing a rub goldberg setup discharge to blow the leaves into the truck.
    anyone have an idea where we might find some? We've been looking but we're tired at the end of the day and haven't been looking hard enough.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

gopro, what are you using as the vac/loader?

After seeing BHB's contraption, I've been thinking of doing something similar.

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I have made something close to what BHB has on the front of his TT except mine has no blower and after using it a couple of times in different conditions I can't see why you would need one. I only have a 36" metro hp but it sucked all the thatch up and pulls all but maybe a couple of leaves up from blow out. I have yet to try different blades othe than exmark mulchers and the factory notched high lift. I think a different blade setup like gators or solid foil blades would take care of that little problem. I used an old sears trash can built a new lid that looks like the intake on an accelarater with the inteake facing the rolled sheetmetal. And I built a 90* square to round coming out of the deck discharge for the hose and used a A/C 8" hose connector on the vented lid. And I think the place BHB said is the cheapest place you will find for the hose.