Choice of blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Helping Hand, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Helping Hand

Helping Hand LawnSite Member

I am trying to decide what blower to get. It will be used for Fall leaf cleanup. I picked up one of the $299 413 Echo that HD sells and it doesn't have enough power. I am looking at the Tanaka 7600. Would I be better off in that class or should I just spend the extra money and get a Tanaka 7800 or Red Max 8001? I haven't tested either one yet but spec wise those are what I am looking at. How big of a power difference would I get for the about $100 difference in price between the two classes?

2. dmanb2b

dmanb2b LawnSite Member

just get an echo 755...439shipped w/o tax on ebay....powerwise between a redmax 7001 and the 8001....the 8001 sells for $489 shipped

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Double in power. You could have a redmax 7001 for about 399.00.

4. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Go with the Stihl BR600

5. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

I really like my Stihl BR600. I used it yesterday on a big pile of wet leaves and grass and I was really impressed. Power is very close to a RM8001. According to those who own both the 8000/8001 is slightly more powerful, but what I like about the Stihl is it is much lighter, quieter, has less vibration, and is very comfortable to wear. It also uses less gas, from what I have read here. I would buy another BR600 no question.

6. kenmac

kenmac LawnSite Member
    from alabama

if you have the chance , Try several brands b-4 you buy. I didn't try any brands I only asked questions here b-4 I bought. That being said, I bought the RedMax 7001 . I can say I have never owned a bp blower b-4 this purchase. I 'am verry happy with the RedMax 7001

7. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

you cant go wrong with either redmax or echo:waving:

8. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Echo 651:)

9. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I think the Tanaka 7600 would be plenty for you. I dont think the 7800 is a huge step above it.

10. Helping Hand

Helping Hand LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, we are going to head over to the dealer around here that sells Tanaka and Redmax and then Lesco is who sells Kaw around here so we are heading there to check all the ones I'm interested in out. Thanks for your help.