1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

choice of lawnmowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnranger44, Sep 21, 2001.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

how much is a new exmark 36"? should i get a new one, or try to get a used?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on your local distributor. Here the $1999 price is still in effect for the Metro w/ Kohler. Ask your local dealer about the offer.

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

now wait a min viper . its not time to say better than yet.
    im definitly impressed with hustler. but if i had a choice
    of either new. id i do a lota homework before i decided ,couple others also considered. time will tell and im thinking its on hustlers side. unless the two companies want to just give me two,
    to make a comparison. I PROMISE TO BE IMPARTIAL AND OBJECTIVE. and i would shore appreciat it too.
    :) :D

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

And I am sure that there are more Chevy's on the road than Caddys too....

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

So, the Hustler owners here give bad advice ????.....lol.......
    OK............

6. If you can afford it scagg 36 ultimate hydro .Ive been down on the scagg riders ,but .the walkbehinds have been great for us,excellant cut .If you are bagging honda 21inch all the way,if mulching toro all the way

hope this help some

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mowerconsultant I'm not saying their advice is not good, I'm saying Viper reading some threads doesn't make his advice good.

8. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i am personally going with hustler, their products impress me far more than exmarks have in the past

9. Vipermanz

Didn't you say you got rid of your customers.

And that you only had 2 lawns total to mow.

I would think that would not be enought to justify buying a commercial mower.

How would you know what an Exmark is like. You own a PUSH MOWER.

Don't Flame other mowers you do not own or use! You can flame your lawn boy or whatever you have, but stay away from the commecial mower. When you get one then you can speek from experience. Untill then don't recomend somthing you have not tried, or have.

LGF:blob1:

Disclaimer: I am not flaming Vipermanz. Someone can not recomend a mower, or flame it without have used or owning one. It is very upsetting to hear someone talk about something they don't have a clue about. Thanks all for reading

10. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

You Think You Know Me., You Don't Know Who I Am Or What I Own ;)