Choice of lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by texas, Apr 6, 2007.

1. texas

texas LawnSite Member

does anyone cater just to high priced neighborhoods and try to get a bunch all in a row?

2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

This is my plan of attack. The greater Seattle area has many middle to upper class neighborhoods and even the middle class here is fairly well off, more than enough to satisfy my needs. My target market is high end residential, people here are picky, but they pay well. I have one right now that is a 25 minute mow, trim, edge and blow and the owner was tickled that I could do it for $35.

3. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

like everything there are pros and cons. i have many high end homes in multi-million neighborhoods. they have irrigated lawns and i cut them all summer but they are hard work and take alot of time to make them look flawless. on the flip side i do some crappy lawns of people who have money but dont want to waste the time mowing nor do they care if there lawn looks perfect. to them, the $35-40 is nothing so they dont have to mow and im in and out in under 15 mins. if i can do 3-4 of those an hour im doing better $/hr than my high end lawns but the crappy lawns burn and dry up while the nice lawns get done all summer. also, the nice lawns all want to look good for the weekend while the crappy ones dont care and can be a mon/tue lawn. so a nice balance is what i go for.