Choices Choices!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Mar 27, 2000.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a friend of mine that wants there yard overseeded. I'm not to familar with different types of grasses. I live in Kansas City and would like something that was drought resistance and can handle heavy traffic (he has a dump truck and has to turn around in the yard alot). He has a little bit of everthing in the yard but tall fescue is the most common. I read some place that Bluegrass withstands traffic pretty good could you overseed it with this type of grass? Any sugesstions you may have will be VERY helpfull. THANKS!!!
  2. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

Tall fescue is more drought and wear tolerant than bluegrass.
  3. DTM65

DTM65 LawnSite Member

I wouldn't use bluegrass in your area.<p>I recently seeded in S. IN and used a blend of 4 fescues. Equal amounts of KY 31, Camolot, Lexas, and Vegas.<p>Don't buy cheap seed.<p>----------<br>D. Tom<br>
  4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

You'll want to get a turf-type tall fescue. Excellent grass but poor color and not a soft lush look to it.<p>Most people do not like the looks of tall fescue, but if this customer doesn't mind appearance, tall fescue is an excellent utility grass.<p>Very dought and wear tolerant.