1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

choices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ok what are my choices on this topic.
    im losing most of my clients in one area to a sp company with all new equipment. i charge weekly per cut. he charges flat $80 per month. they are jumping to him left and right. What should i do? just pull out of this area and move on or ?

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait til he goes out of business...take all your clients back...and charge em 10 dollars more than before.

3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

It all depends on how he is billing. For 8 months or 12? I too am thinking of going to a monthly rate next year. for a 12 month cycle.
    say he is doing yearly contract, 80x12=960 now if he gives them 32 cuts per year, that's 30.00 per cut.
    What is the Avg per cut in your area? Here it is 35.00 per cut.

4. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

5. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Sign them up monthly. This is a normal business practice and you should be able to follow suit. Good Luck!!

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Weekly billing is for kids and weekend warriors, it has no place in a fulltime LCO's business

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I tend to gear up to the larger properties, so I am not really familiar with the
    6K yards, but I have a minimum of $45 up to the first acre, then $25 per acre after that, unless there are lots of obstacles, curbs to be trimmed etc. I really try hard, and most of my clients go along with it to try to get them on an equal monthly payment system. Here is what I do.

1. 7 day mow properties - I figure 26 mowings per yr. then divide it by 7 monthy payments due May 15 thru Nov 15. (We start mowing in early April and stop end of Oct - Sometimes a mowing or two in Nov.)