Choke on Kawasaki 26 HP LC

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Happy Frog, May 8, 2008.

1. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Like other users, I had to use the choke almost every time I started my 26 HP LC Kawasaki. Even when the engine was warmed up.
    I replaced the spark plugs by E3 (ref. E3.22) spark plugs and now the engine starts without using the choke 9 times out of 10. I just put the throttle in the middle and crank it for a second or two.
    I thought everyone should know...

2. Joedodge63

Joedodge63 LawnSite Member

Good information! My 26 HP LC Kawi has got to be one of the most cold blooded, temperamental engines I have ever owned! I have an 07 Bad Boy Lightning with a 60" deck.

3. Happy Frog

This seems to be true for all the LC Kawasaki. I was looking for the Autolite spark plugs when I came across the E3. They claim to be better than the fine wire technology used by Autolite and can increase power up to 12 %.
    I put one on my Honda HRX and it runs better as well.
    Kept going and put one in each of my Echo PAS-265. They don't start easier but I do feel they have more power and the "warm up" time has been reduced to just a few seconds.
    They also carry a lifetime warranty...

4. Joedodge63

Joedodge63 LawnSite Member

Gonna get me a set!

5. dbroken64

dbroken64 LawnSite Member

Bought me a set friday. Cut with my wildcat all day yesterday and had to choke the kawasaki every time I started it. Thanks anyway but did not seem to help my 26 Lc any.

6. Happy Frog

Sorry to hear that. On mine, I just set the throttle at mid range and wroom wroom...If it doesn't start right away, then I have to use the choke.