1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

choosing a 21" walk behind trim mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cntryboymc, Aug 15, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc LawnSite Member

i have been using a jd 14sb walk behind for about ten years with very little problems.i want to upgrade and am looking at a jd jx75 and a jx85.the jx85 is supposed to be commercial with steel wheels,oil filter,and steel deck guard.im asssuming this will cost quite a bit more.anyone have either of these?what other makes would be coparable?
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi mike!, the jx85 is a popular choice among the people here, try doing a search on it through lawnsite's search tool, It's a lot of reading!!
  3. cntryboymc

is the jx 85 worth the extra money?
  4. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The JX85 has been discontinued, good look finding one.
  5. cntryboymc

i bought a jd jx75 walk behind with oil filter kit,mulcher, bag, and side chute.it cuts very well and very operator friendly.
  6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Just bought the honda 216 hydro. very nice pretty fast only drawback is the weight. excelent machine nice cut. good luck.
  7. Are you using it to trim or mow the lawn?
  8. cntryboymc

i use it for trimming and also for some very small lawns my ztr and tractor will not fit on.
  9. Use a weed eater as much as possable on those, if it's to big for a trimmer, then use the push mower. The one you have should keep doing it, why buy a nother one?