1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

choosing a shindaiwa trimmer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dkcrna, Mar 28, 2004.

1. dkcrna

dkcrna LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner who trims about 30-40 min per week and I am trying to decide between the Shindaiwa 22T, 230, or 2500.
    I realize the larger machines may be "overkill" but if they will be more reliable and less prone to problems, I will spend the extra $, plus the local dealers are offering the 2500 for only $50 more dollars. The 2500 seems like it would be more environment friendly, and possibly more quiet, more fuel efficent. I don't want to buy a "homeowner's version" if the "pro line" models would be significantly better in my situation. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I think you'd be more than happy with the 230. I love mine, and it has the power for 99% of the jobs. Also, lightweight, easy to start, and very low maintenance. The 2500 is harder to start, heavier, and costs more.
  3. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

I have used my 230 commercially for 3 years with no problems that equals about 45 years using it 40 min per week. The 230 will be great for you.
  4. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

These guys are right about the 230. I was impressed with the 230 that I used while working for another company. It never seemed to have any problems, started up easily, and was basically a great workhorse.
  5. dkcrna

dkcrna LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. I appreciate the feedback. i was leaning toward the 230, esp after all the other posts in other threads.
    Thanks again.
  6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have the 230....and just bought the M2500.....so far I like the 230 a little better....but the 2500 has some breaking into do....

7. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

Yea I would have to agree 230 would be YOUR best choice