1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Choosing mower with best cut

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rockstate, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

I also reccomend a Scag walk-behind. I have a 36" belt drive with a 15hp Kohler. I also recomend a 2 wheeled velkye. As far as cut goes.... I think that it cuts better than anything else that I have seen.:)
  2. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

As far as striping lawns go, you are correct in the theory that the More things you have on your mower, the more of a chance there is for something to break.
    BUT, your customers will love it.
    I added a striping kit to my mower and although it made a difference, it was not as extreme of a difference as I though it would be. I didn't think my customers would even notice. But out of the five lawns I did the first day after adding the attachment, I had two customers ask me about the the nicer stripes. :D
    In your mind, a striper may not make a difference, but I bet your customers will notice it. In the end, so will you. payup