Chopping weeds need price help ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassfarmer, Apr 30, 2003.

1. grassfarmer

grassfarmer LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I had a guy call me last night said he seen my ad in the paper for mowing and he asked me if I would have a chopper and would be able to chop ( bushoggin) his 2 ac lot that he is gonna build a house on. I said well i will have to come take a look. So I went over there this morning and looked at it. It really isnt that tall about 10 inches. So i think i am gonna use one of my tractors and 7 ft chopper. What would you guys charge for this. it is 2 ac. This place is only bout 4 miles from my shop so i think i will just drive the tractor down there and do it. tell me what you guys think is a reasonable rate for 2 ac of chopping. thanks in advance

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you kidding? That will take forever to get there.

On the otherhand I would charge $260

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Depending on what type of tractor you have the drive time should be nothing. Around here the going rate for bush hogging is $80-$100 per acre. Be careful when you are mowing on unfamiliar semi-tall grass.

Gravely_Man

5. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Take forever to go 4 miles with a tractor that'll do 20 miles per hour? What kind of math do they teach in Colorado...?

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I thought it was a regular lawn tractor with a trail mower behind it. They teach that geometry and algebra stuff with the factors figured in. :p

7. grassfarmer

grassfarmer LawnSite Member
    from ohio

thanks for respone guys . I will prob use the tractor that is hooked up to it that I use to chop waterways on my farm. It is a Jd 2020 gas and a 1 year old MX7 john deere chopper. We have owned both since new. thanks