chorizo and egg

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DALMlawn&landscaping, Jul 10, 2004.

1. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

i showed up about 45 minutes early to a job this morning. my boss and the other worker wasn't there and i was just being a "good worker" spray painting some lines, and moving some debris and rocks when the tight-wad owners came out and gave me a couple of chorizo and egg tacos, my favorite! and they said thanks for the early start and they were soon off to work. it touched my heart that some one could be so kind to offer an early bird a simple gesture of kindness that early in the morning. any one have those kind of moments? maybe it was just friday and they felt nice, or maybe they knew it was friday and i didn't have to be there at 6:15 in the morning, but regardless, it was damn nice of them, and i was pretty happy i didn't have to share any tacos, haha, it was a nice day today.
  2. 42homers

42homers LawnSite Member

If I'd ate that--- that early then I'd been really late getting back to work, after being there so early.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

lol, me too. I've had customers offer me lunch and sodas but not breakfast.
  4. hartslawnmain

hartslawnmain LawnSite Member

What the hell is a Chorizo?
  5. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If one of my customers offered me a egg taco I would take it as an insult.
  6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

It's really spelled chourico and it is a Portugese sausage, kinda like pepperoni but tastes alot better.
  7. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

all y'all must have weak stomachs, and i know for sure no one is from texas, much less south texas. anyways, the tacos were damn good and any one who offers me a taco in the morning is my new best friend. what do you expect cutters? waffles, bacon, some orange juice and grits?

chorizo is actually a mexican sausage that is widely used to mix with eggs among other things and is the furtherest thing away from pepporoni, how ever the portuguese kind wouldn't be found in any tacos down here, stop watching emeril live and come down to texas for some real food.

i was just sharing my wonderful day, didn't expect for yankees to understand the quality and meaning of tacos, and looks like i was right! j/k ;)
  8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

it seems they don't understand hospitality.

I would like to try your food.

I don't have stomach problems.

bring it on!

GEO :D
  9. RjCjR

RjCjR LawnSite Member

EastProLawn.... actually it IS Chorizo the MEXICAN breakfast sausage. Made some yesterday...
  10. Cutters, I'm sure y'all are partial to your grits and gravy, and there's nothing wrong with that, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth.