Chris Botti concert

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Feb 13, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

went to a concert tonight in Greensboro, very well done. If any of yall have him stop in your area defiantly worth the pesos to go have a listen. Unfortunately for me my seats sucked, the seat I had reserved were "missing" as in didn't exist and they stuck us in the back (against the wall) in a seat that was just the right size for my lovely wife at a towering 5'3.5" of course me and my bros both coming in at 6' 235lbs literally did not fit, so we fortunately discovered that if we left the seat in the "fliped up" position we could sit on the metal part that is the front.... so do that for 2 hours and see how you outlook on life is. Anyways he's an awesome trumpeter and his band is top notch, just dont sit in the cheap seats.

2. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

never heard of him

3. I thought botti was an Italian bowling game.

As a general rule cheap seats suck in any event. I overpaid for a great seat to see the Mavs play the Celtics. It will be worth every penny. Best seat I ever had was a game between Stars and Senators in hockey. Right at the glass on the blue line. Those guys are huge. I'm amazed hockey doesn't have a dead body per night.

4. BrandonV

i know cheap seats suck but I'm going to call/write the theater anyways because they honestly need a warning telling they buyer of the seat that people over 5'4" won't fit, before throwing down that $, the "cheap seats" weren't that cheap

5. The missing seat issue alone should get you a refund. If planes overbook they have to make a deal with you.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

You should have stuck 'em for an upgrade, not a degrade.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Botti has been on a number of TV shows. Plays fine, but not with what years playing in clubs will provide.
    [​IMG]

8. You mean he hasn't played drunk often enough for you?

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Reminds me of the time I saw Dave Mason and Jim Capaldi at the Bottom Line, I'm doing my part to keep the bar from falling over, and the bartenders are wondering out loud about how much white wine they should send over to Dave.

As for Botti, I don't get the impression that he's feeling what he's playing. I'll hear a cover of some Miles Davis tune, and it reminds me of what you hear from the band playing for Dave Letterman or Conan O'Brien ~ all the right notes are in the right places, but it isn't genuine, somehow. Doesn't mean he can't develop over time.

10. BrandonV

on his cds yes, they were really mixing it up live