1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Chris Diamond Gardening and Horticulture Thread

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Apr 13, 2012.

1. I'm in the Jupiter area, Palm Beach County
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh your about an hour away from me I'm in the ft lauderdale area.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Not many guys in the Florida forum from ft lauderdale...really south Florida...most are from Orlando or west coast it seems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Green-Man

Yeah I've noticed that. It kinda sucks there are the few Florida guys on here then everyone is up north. Which is surprising because where I live there are SOOO many lawn companies it's rediculous. I would think there would be more.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Tons of companies here too....
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Green-Man

Yeah I figured. Well atleast we know we have the same weather and same plants,grass etc. the zyosia grass I believe that's how you spell it, you cut that with what? Some like finish cut mower?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. I cut all sports turf(zoysia/Bermuda) with a reel mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Green-Man

Oh that's what it is. That interesting. Do you charge more when you cut those types of grass?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Most def., you have to. The maintenance on a reel is way higher. But, properties that have it generate a lot of money, most of the time...
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Green-Man

Yeah I figured homes with that type of turf grass can afford whatever needs to be done. Seems like great houses to have
    Posted via Mobile Device