Christmas bonus??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Expert Lawns, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

i'm just curious as to how many of you have received christmas bonuses from customers. also, how many of you send out cards or even small gifts? either to all customers, or to any for that matter. i have a few 'favorite' customers that i may send gift certificates to because they have been so good to me, not only about paying on time etc, but they give me great referals, and plenty of biz....i'd just like your thoughts. thanks :drinkup:
  2. We send cards and get cards from some.
    I do something when I get refferal at that time.
  3. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

We have this lil old lady always used to nag says nothing now but last christmas gave us each $15 and every bday in the familywe get some money and easter she had a 5lb bucket of jelly beans sent up chocolates at thanksgiving this lady needs to find a hobby.
  4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I send out Christmas cards, but I have never recieved one back, or any bonus for that matter. But, this Christmas will be my third Christmas with most of my customers, so maybe things will be different this year. payup

5. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

We send out cards and give small poinsettias to some of our customers. We get cards and bonuses back from alot of the same people.
  6. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Cards and magnets are sent out.
  7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I send cards to all customers thanking them for their business through the year. I don't expect any bonuses so when I do get one, it is a nice surprise.
  8. So all of your customers celabrate X-Mas?

I have a good percentage of Jewish, a very small % of Indian, and others whom do not.

Holiday Cards, New Years Cards.

Man I can't believe it is just October 3rd and I am reading about damn Christmas already. It aint Holloween yet, nor Thanks Giving.
  9. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

thanks to NEBS for sending out their holiday brochures a bit early this year.

and i also have several customers that are indian, but i believe they celbrate christmas. they do the tree and decorations and all. if not, oh well its the thought that counts. right?? :confused:
  10. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We always send cards w/magnets . this year we may do more.I do get a tip or two. but it dosen't matter it's the thought that count's????right?