1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Christmas cards from clients

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lynden-Jeff, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

This year I did not send out christmas cards due to some other things I was doing but I did receive a christmas card from one with a final check. I feel like I am supposed to thank them some how. Should I just wait until the spring or what do you guys do.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

When you say "final check", was there a tip involved or was it just the last payment that the customer owed you? If there was no tip included, then you don't need to do anything. No thanks is needed for a Christmas wish, now that Christmas is over.
  3. Lawnboy85

Lawnboy85 LawnSite Member
    from South

If they are sending you a "final check" as a tip or bonus for the holidays, then I would do something as simple as sending them a thank-you note back. Most likely, from the few customers you may recieve a "bonus" from, may mean you are doing a good job. So my advice is, thank them for the check, and continue to do a great job.
  4. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I sent out Christmas cards, after a few years of not doing so. It did yield some nice gifts that normally would not have been given, so I highly recommend sending them. I also mailed thank you cards to those who did send those gifts, but not to those who only gave cards.